2019 New Mexico Open
November 8th – 10th
At Nativo Lodge, 6000 Pan American Fwy NE, Albuquerque, NM 87109
Sections: Open, Reserve (U1800), Novice (U1200), Scholastic (K – 12).
- Open (B/30) 1st $500, 2nd $250, and 1st (U2000) $150
- Reserve (B/30) 1st $250, 2nd $150 and 1st (U1500) $100
- Novice (B/30) 1st $200, 2nd $150 and 1st (U1000) $75
- Scholastic 1st – 3rd awards for: K-2, 3-5, 6-8, and 9-12 grades
- * Top finishing New Mexico resident in open section will be named 2019 State Champion, if there is a tie they will be named co-champions; Prize money will be awarded based on finishing placement regardless of residency!
- * Plaques will be awarded to 1st place finisher in each section
- * Unrated player are eligible for half of the sections prizes, except in the open, where unrated players are eligible
for the entire prize fund.
Entry Fees: Open $55, Reserve $50, Novice $45, Scholastic $15
Discount: $15 off entry if sign up by 10/14/19. $10 off if sign up by 11/3/19. Discount not applicable to scholastic section.
Refunds: Refunds will be charged a $15 processing fee, or a credit can be applied to tournaments in the 6 months following the event. Unclaimed credits will be forfeited after 6 months.
Registration: USCF Membership required for all sections. Register at site 9-9:30 11/8 and from 8-8:30 11/1. Online registration coming soon.
- 3-day Fri. 10am, 3pm; Sat. 10am, 3pm; Sun. 9am, 3pm
- 2-day Sat. 9am, 10:45am, 12:30pm, 3pm; Sun. 9am, 3pm
- Scholastic Sat. 9am, 10:10am, 1pm, 2:10pm
Time Control: Open, Reserve, Novice: G/120 d10; 2 day schedule rounds 1-3 G/40 d10. Scholastic: G/30 d5
Annual NMCO membership meeting will be held from 2:00-3:00 p.m. on Sunday November 10
Bring your own sets and clocks. None will be provided.