2019 Albuquerque/Rio Rancho Open
June 29th – 30th
At the Meadowlark Senior Center, 4330 Meadowlark Ln SE, Rio Rancho, NM 87124
Sections: Open, Reserve (U1800), Novice (U1400), Scholastic (K-12). 5/SS, Scholastic 4/SS 6/29/19 only.
- Open (B/30) 1st $375, 2nd $200, and 1st U1900 $100
- Reserve (B/30) 1st $300, 2nd $150, and 1st U1500 $100
- Novice (B/30) 1st $225, 2nd $125, and 1st U1000 $100
- Scholastic 1-3rd medals for: K-2nd, 3rd-5th, 6th-8th, 9th-12th grades, and unrated
- * Unrated players are eligible for half of the sections prizes, except in the Open, where unrated players are eligible for the entire prize fund.
Entry Fees: Open, Reserve, Novice $50, Scholastic $15
Discount: $10 off entry for Open, Reserve, and Novice sections if sign up by 6/23/19.
Refunds: Refunds will be charged a $15 processing fee, or a credit can be applied to tournaments in the 6 months following the event. Unclaimed credits will be forfeited after 6 months.
Registration: USCF Membership required for all sections. Online registration via PayPal.
On-site Registration: 8:00-8:30am on 6/29/19.
- Open, Reserve, and Novice Sat. 9:00am, 1:15pm, 5:00pm Sun. 9:00am, 1:15pm
- Scholastic Sat. 9am, 10:10am, 1pm, 2:10pm
- *Up to 1-half point byes available if requested prior to the start of the first round.
- Time Control:
- Open, Reserve, and Novice G/90 d5
- Scholastic G/30 d5
Bring your own sets and clocks. None will be provided.